Terms & Conditions
As we care about your rights, kindly review these terms and conditions carefully before using the website.
The www.tajawal.ae website (henceforth referred to as tajawal or ‘the website’ or ‘the company’), including the mobile site, smartphone applications for iOS, Android, Windows is a subsidiary of Seera Group, incorporated in both Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
By accessing and using the website, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant that you polssess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the website in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
Al Tayyar Travel & Tourism tries to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. However, inaccuracies may arise from time to time. The website and/or any of its sister companies accept no responsibility for any errors in the information contained on tajawal website.
The website contains information about the products and services tajawal and/or any third party is offering. This information and all other material on the website are provided in good faith. By using the website you agree and acknowledge that the website may update, change or amend the Terms and Conditions and Customer Care Policy and/or other information provided on the website at any time without advance notice. Changed terms and conditions will become effective once posted on the website, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through the website. You should read these terms and conditions every time you visit the website to ensure that you are aware of all the relevant terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the website after any change is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
While the website uses all reasonable endeavors to make the website and associated services available, the website cannot guarantee that they will operate continuously or without interruption.
The website makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the website or the contents and, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, disclaims all such representations and warranties.
Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through the website is solely at your own risk. The website makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstance is tajawal and/or its Licensors and/or Suppliers and/or its Service Providers responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the website whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. This includes any information, products or services obtained through or any contract entered into via the website, but excludes carriage by air performed by airlines in respect of any ticket obtained using the booking engine provided on the website, which is subject to the conditions of carriage and applicable international conventions.
When using the website you declare and agree:
- To use them solely to determine the availability of products and services offered on the website and to assist you to make legitimate reservations or transact business with us. You agree to use the website only for personal, non-commercial use.
- To use the website services to make only legitimate reservations.
- You are at least 18 years of age and you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation.
- Not to make any false reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand. The website may cancel, without notice, all confirmations associated with multiple reservations to one or more destination on or about the same date.
- Not to deface, alter or interfere with the front end "look and feel" of the website or the underlying software code.
- Not to take any action that may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website or related infrastructure.
- To all of our terms and conditions of purchase, including, but not limited to, full and timely payment of all amounts due and compliance with all rules concerning availability of prices, products, or services. All fees, assessments, charges, taxes and duties arising out of use of the website are your sole responsibility.
- Not to do anything which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on the website, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment.
- Not to post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libelous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication.
- Not to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others, including individual privacy rights.
- Not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the website or any private or member account areas on the website, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person.
- Not do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of nor any of our associated companies or third parties.
- Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of the website.
- Violate this Agreement or any applicable legislation in any other manner.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents thereof as may be required by law
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Use this website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information of this website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this website;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Deep-link to any portion of this website (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- ‘Frame’, ‘mirror’ or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
- Not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share the following:
- Information belonging to another person for which the user does not have any right.
- Information that is hateful, grossly harmful including harmful to minors, pedophilia, invasive of another privacy, racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, encouraging money laundering or gambling.
- Information that infringes any Patent, Trademark, Copyright or other Proprietary rights.
- Information that deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such message or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature
- Information that threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of the countries we operate in, friendly relation with foreign states or Public order or cause incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insulting any other nation.
- Information that impersonates another person
If the website considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using the website, tajawal reserves the right to:
- Warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
- Delete any material or content which you may have posted without notice to you;
- Take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using the website;
- Cancel any bookings and/or reservations that you may have with tajawal without reference to you;
- Report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities;
- Take legal action against you.
All content of the tajawal website is subject to copyright.
The website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the website.
The website, sister companies names, and any other product or trade names of tajawal referenced to the website are our trademarks and/or registered trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
By using tajawal mobile apps to access the tajawal and/or any other sister Company Services (the "Mobile Service"), you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and Conditions of the tajawal website, herein this section, in addition to the rest of these Terms of Service. Your continued use of the Mobile Service is conditioned upon your compliance with these Mobile Terms.
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. You can make bookings on the website for passengers other than yourself.
- We accept credit cards issued across various geographies, however we may keep certain credit cards issued by certain countries blocked on our website / mobile apps during the booking process.
- We accept debit cards that have been unlocked by the respective issuing banks to be used on e-commerce websites. In case your debit card does not work on the site / app kindly contact your issuing bank to get it activated. Banks may replace your old debit card with a new one that allows you to transact on e-commerce websites
- Your credit card / debit card will be debited when you click on the confirm button.
- The tickets shall be delivered to you to your registered email address once the payment has been confirmed by our payment gateway.
- Disclaimer: tajawal accepts no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, misuse or unauthorized access occurring in connection with the provision of credit / debit card data. Tajawal will not be responsible or liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the information with regard to credit / debit card usage on this website even if tajawal has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
We will make every effort to maintain confidentiality when securing an online payment. This covers the security of your credit card details and other personal information. All of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet.
If your booking or account shows signs of fraud, abuse, or suspicious activity, the website may cancel any travel or service reservations associated with your name, email address, or account, and close any associated tajawal accounts. In addition, the website may verify (i.e. preauthorize) your credit card. If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, the website reserves the right to take any necessary Criminal and/or Civil legal action and you may be liable for monetary losses to the website, including litigation costs and damages. To contest the cancellation of a booking or freezing or closure of an account, please contact tajawal Customer Care.
The website reserves the right to undertake all necessary steps to ensure that the security, safety and integrity of tajawal’s systems as well as its client’s interests are and remain, well-protected. Towards this end, tajawal may take various steps to verify and confirm the authenticity, enforceability and validity of orders placed by you.
If tajawal, in its sole and exclusive discretion, concludes that the said transactions are not or do not reasonably appear to be authentic, enforceable or valid, then tajawal may cancel the said orders at any time up before the scheduled time of departure of the relevant flight or before the expected date of visit to any property booked through tajawal.
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the carrier concerned.
The carriage of passengers and their baggage may also be subject to the applicable Warsaw Convention 1929 or the Montreal Convention 1999, and other applicable legislation which may limit or stipulate the carrier's liability in certain circumstances.
Please click here to view our Flight Booking Policy.
Please click here to view our Hotel Booking Policy.
As a condition of use of the tajawal website, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
In no event will the website be liable to you for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages (including without limitation lost business opportunities, lost revenues, or loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss or damage of any nature whatsoever) arising out of or relating to (i) this agreement, (ii) the services, the site or any reference site, or (iii) your use or inability to use the services, the site (including any and all materials) or any reference sites. In no event will the website or any of its contractors, directors, employees, agents, third party partners, licensors or suppliers’ total liability to you for all damages, liabilities, losses, and causes of action arising out of or relating to (i) this Agreement, (ii) the Services, (iii) your use or inability to use the Services or the site (including any and all materials) or any reference sites, or (iv) any other interactions with the website, however caused and whether arising in contract, tort including negligence, warranty or otherwise, exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for using the portion of the Services or the Site giving rise to the cause of action or Two hundred Rial (AED 200), whichever is less.
The failure of the website to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by tajawal.
The website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. The website does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us.
You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the website or if you have any grievances about any of the services provided by the website please contact us.
How to reach tajawal:
Your use of the website and the terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Nevertheless, the website reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
Tajawal may provide you with notices and communications by email, regular mail or postings on the site or by any other reasonable means. Except as otherwise set forth herein, notice to the website must be sent by courier or registered mail to P.O. Box 393862, Dubai, UAE.
You can book a limited number of travellers per transaction on the website. As we have a wide range of offerings, each offering may limit the maximum number. Infant only bookings cannot be made online and unaccompanied minor bookings also need to be made via our call centre or via our offices.
All reservations, including modifications and cancelations are subject to the Terms and Conditions, Customer Care Policy and General Conditions of Carriage.
You may require a visa for travel to some destinations to and via which you are required to travel due to the booking you have made through the tajawal website. It is your responsibility to obtain such visas required for travel. You must also have a valid passport for the duration of the travel and the expiry date of your passport must be acceptable to all the countries you enter. More information on the passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be travelling to.
The fares quoted may not include the individual charges such as departure taxes, passenger service charges, and airport taxes, imposed by airport or aeronautical authorities of the countries you are visiting. You will be required to pay them directly to the charging authorities. These shall be communicated at the time of booking.
You are also advised to check with your doctor whether you are required to undergo immunization prior to entry or stopover in the countries to and through which you will be travelling. Some countries require that you have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ascertain these requirements and to fulfill such requirements.
Tajawal (henceforth referred to as tajawal or ‘the website’ or ‘the company’), including the mobile site, smartphone applications for iOS, Android and Windows, provides access through which you can browse different types of lodging and temporary accommodation, including but not necessarily limited to: hotels; hostels; serviced apartments; B&Bs; rooms for rent; cottages; ryokans; etc, (collectively, the “accommodation(s)”). Reservations at such accommodations are possible through tajawal.
By making a booking through the website, you are booking a reservation at the price listed for that reservation and such other terms and conditions stated on the website, which shall become a binding contract when accepted by tajawal, which in turn means the reservation has been confirmed by the accommodation. We will indicate the acceptance of your accommodation booking via an email confirmation (with a voucher for prepaid accommodations). We reserve the right to reject bookings as set out below.
Information provided by tajawal is sourced from various suppliers and accommodations. The accuracy and correctness of rates, availability, description, hotel reviews, booking conditions and all other content is under the liability of the accommodations. It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Tajawal is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Accommodation classification is based on local standards in the country where they are located, which can differ from standards in other countries. The classification may not be an official rating and is intended as a general guide only. Customers should be aware that standards can vary between accommodations of the same class in different countries, and even within the same country, and that classification may in certain cases be based on self-assessment by accommodations. As a consequence, tajawal does not guarantee the accuracy of accommodation classification and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, does not accept any liability in relation to the classification displayed on the website.
We reserve the right not to accept customers or bookings (or in exceptional cases to cancel confirmed bookings) at our discretion and for whatever legal reason without the need to justify such refusal. Typical reasons for rejecting a customer or booking include, but are not limited to:
-Breach of tajawal's terms and conditions
-Force majeure events
-Trade or economic sanctions
-Embargoes, legal restrictions
-Fraud or theft
-Suspected criminal activity
-Submission of misleading or erroneous information
-Credit card problems
-Threats or insults
In case a booking is rejected or cancelled by tajawal and a payment has already been made, you will receive a refund of the total booking value.
We also reserve the right to bar (or “blacklist”) users from the website, on a permanent or temporary basis, at our discretion. Any such blacklisted users must not attempt to use the website under any other name or through any other user.
In rare cases, we may also have to cancel or reject a booking due to “obvious errors”, independent of the origin of such errors. For clarity, an obvious error is a mistake on the website (e.g. in terms of price) which a reasonable person would not consider normal. The amount charged will be reimbursed in such cases. Whether to cancel or reject a booking for this reason is at tajawal’s discretion.
Display of prices
Please note that all prices on the website for your accommodation room reservations are for the requested stay dates and for the number of people indicated (unless indicated otherwise). Tajawal will typically display the rate exclusive of tax recovery and service charges (see below for more details), and display these additional tax recovery and service charges during the booking path. Without prejudice to what is set out below, you will see the total inclusive price prior to confirming your booking. Display settings may vary, but all charges will show on the final booking page (before the confirmation screen). Please verify every step of your reservation on the booking form.
What is included in the rate is displayed on the website (under the accommodation information section or prior to the final booking confirmation) and/or in the confirmation email/voucher.
The standard accommodation room reservations are for single, double or triple occupancy. Extra beds will usually incur extra charges unless stated otherwise. The accommodation may also refuse to accept additional persons if not duly informed in advance.
Insurance of any kind is not included in the rates.
Certain accommodations may charge you a so-called additional but mandatory “resort fee” or occupancy tax (when applicable) for the use of certain services. This resort fee is collected directly from the guest and typically will not be included in the price, but it will be mentioned in the accommodation description on the website.
Taxability, the appropriate tax rate and the type of applicable taxes vary greatly by location and can change without prior notification.
You may also be charged directly by the accommodation for energy surcharges, baggage handling fees, newspaper delivery fees, in-room safe fees, tourism fees, or housekeeping fees. The practice to add additional accommodation fees is outside tajawal’s control and occurs in certain markets (including the USA). Needless to say, optional incidental fees and personal consumption are almost never included, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service, food & beverage, gala dinners, movie rentals, internet, etc. During certain high season periods, certain accommodations will add on a compulsory gala dinner (e.g. for New Year, Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc.). This might or might not be included in the room rate, but will be displayed on the booking form. Please check the “accommodation information”, “booking conditions”, “cancellation policy” or similar wording on the website.
For certain accommodations, a compulsory transportation or transfer fee will be charged on top of the room rate at the request of the accommodation, or at your request where available. This is especially common for island destinations (e.g. the Maldives) where you need accommodation transportation to reach the accommodation. Please note that tajawal does not organise any transportation: This is always organised and offered by or on behalf of the accommodation, which is responsible for such transportation services, not tajawal. tajawal does not assume any liability for the quality, safety, frequency or service levels of such transportation services.
When in doubt whether a service is included, you can always contact the accommodation directly or through our customer support team.
To offer more choice and better flexibility for your convenience, some rooms have different options of when the payment of the booking is made, referred to as ‘pay now’ or ‘pay later’. Sometimes you will be offered only one of the options, meaning that this accommodation offers certain rates based on whether it is pay now or pay later. The ‘Pay later’ option is available on the tajawal websites and the tajawal app.
If you have selected the “book now, pay now” option, the total amount of the booking will be charged immediately at the time of the booking in the website currency. Please make sure that your card is working and have sufficient funds in order to complete the booking. Tajawal vouchers can be redeemed only with “pay now” options.
Upon completion of your booking for a pay later hotel, your booking is secured with the hotel. In order to confirm your booking, you must complete full payment of the booking amount before the due date specified on your confirmation email and on the booking page. Payments can be processed via the link in your email, on web, through the app or directly through our call centre via credit card, debit card.
Based on the web or app country selected, you will be charged in the local currency of the respective country.
- tajawal.com payments are in Saudi Riyals
- tajawal.sa payments are in Saudi Riyals
- tajawal.ae payments are in Emirati Dirhams
- tajawal.com.kw payments are in Kuwaiti Dinars
- tajawal.bh payments are in Bahraini Dinars
Any currency that does not correspond to the local currency of the point of sale is for display purposes only. You will be charged in the local currency above. However, should you decide to pay with a credit card from a foreign bank institute, additional charges may apply, according to your bank’s policy.
Please click here to view our supplier's Terms & Conditions
Value added tax (VAT) is a tax on the consumption or use of goods and services levied at the point of sale. This form of indirect tax is applicable from 1st January 2018, on selected products and services that can be purchased on our website, as per the UAE law. For more information, please visit our FAQs here.
tajawal Wallet is a convenient way to earn and redeem points on hotel and flight bookings. It acts as a virtual storage for your points that you can use to fully or partially pay for future bookings.
Every now and then, tajawal will roll out offers that offer cashback in the form of Wallet points. In certain offers, you may get a split-voucher code that you can use to get an instant discount on your current booking in addition to cashback as points added to your Wallet. Other offers may only give a cashback without a discount. You can use these special voucher codes to earn points on your booking.
The points you earn will be added to your Wallet and displayed in the equivalent AED value.
Every point earned equals AED 1.
You can use your Wallet points balance to pay for future hotel and flight bookings.
By opting to earn or redeem Wallet points on tajawal bookings, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to these terms & conditions:
Earning Wallet points:
- Points can be earned on the UAE version of our website and app as well as through our call centre.
- You can earn Wallet points on flight bookings that are paid for immediately, and hotel bookings with both payment options: Pay Later and pay immediately.
- YYou must use the special voucher code when making your booking to be able to earn points.
- If you're signed in when making the booking, you will receive the points in your Wallet immediately after you complete the booking (and upon payment for Pay Later hotels).
- If you don’t have an account when making the booking, you will not be able to earn Wallet points immediately. However, once you create an account with the same email address or mobile number you used for your booking and verify it, we will automatically link your previous orders so you will earn your Wallet points as well.
- If you have an unverified account and are not signed in when making the booking, you will receive the points as soon as you verify your account.
- If you have a verified account but are not signed in when making the booking, you can go to your Wallet in the My Account/Profile section and claim your points by following the link that says ‘Claim them now’.
- Please note that for ‘Pay Later’ hotel bookings, you will only receive the points after you have completed the payment.
- Bookings paid for by Wallet points are not eligible to earn Wallet points.
- You cannot use multiple voucher codes in a booking or earn Wallet points in conjunction with auto-applied discounts.
- Every promotion that you can earn Wallet points through has a set expiry date for the points, which will be conveyed in the offer. You will not be able to use the points after the expiry date.
- Points are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Redeeming/pay using Wallet points:
Cancellations and amendments
Please read our FAQs to learn more about My Wallet.
- Points can be redeemed on the UAE version of our website and app as well as through our call centre.
- You can only redeem Wallet points on flight bookings and hotel bookings that are paid for immediately. Wallet points cannot be redeemed on ‘Pay Later’ hotel bookings.
- When making a booking, you must be logged in and your account must be verified. If you aren’t logged in and your account isn’t verified, the Wallet will not appear on the payment page as a payment option and you will not be able to redeem any points.
- Wallet points cannot be used in conjunction with a voucher code or auto-applied discounts.
- Bookings paid for by Wallet points are not eligible to earn Wallet points.
- Points are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. They can only be redeemed towards bookings on tajawal.
- Bookings can be paid in full by Wallet points if you have sufficient balance. If you do not have enough balance to cover the total booking amount, the remaining amount will have to be paid by another payment method. On our website or app, you can pay the remaining amount by card or Apple Pay (on iOS). If you are making the booking through our call centre, you can pay by card or bank transfer.
- If your booking total has decimals e.g. AED 1000.50, then points used will be rounded as follows:
- If .50 or greater than .50 - round up. An extra point will be deducted from your Wallet balance (as per the above example, you will be charged 1001 points)
- If .49 or less than .49 - round down. The remaining decimal amount will be covered by tajawal (as per the above example, you will be charged 1,000 points and tajawal will take care of the remaining amount)
- If you cancel a booking that you paid for using Wallet points and the booking is eligible for a refund as per its cancellation policy, the points you used will be refunded to your Wallet after deducting cancellation and service fees. Wallet points can only be refunded to the originally used Wallet and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Refunded points have a validity of three months from the date of refund, if not mentioned otherwise.
- If you cancel a booking that you had earned Wallets points on, you will not be able to use those points and they will automatically appear as cancelled in your transaction history. If you have already redeemed the Wallet points you had earned on the booking that you cancel, we reserve the right to deduct the redeemed amount from your refundable amount as a penalty.
- Bookings with a non-refundable cancellation policy are not eligible for refunds, regardless of the payment method.
- Any booking amendments cannot be paid for using Wallet points.
- tajawal reserves the right to amend or cancel this programme at its sole discretion.
- tajawal will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, misuse or unauthorised access occurring in connection with earning or redeeming Wallet points or any action or decision you make based on the information available on the tajawal website and app about Wallet points.